We have been operating for 29 years and are a volunteer group who are solely supported by volunteers & parents, who have children with special needs.
The players develop skills, coordination and fitness, their participation gives increased Confidence and courage that enhances all areas of they life.
Special Soccer School believe that people with special needs can with proper instruction and encouragement, learn, enjoy and benefit from the participation at soccer as a team sport, also share the experience of friendship with other soccer players, their family and the community also enjoy the benefit of our organization commitment in sport.
Our vision is for people with intellectual disability to live in an inclusive community, where everyone has the same opportunities to participate in community life and to take their place in society as respected citizens
To provide people with every opportunity to do the things they want to do, with the people that matter to them, in accepting and inclusive communities.
“To consistently act on sound moral principles”
We will act with integrity by:
- Being respectful
- Doing what we say we’ll do and being open about how we do it
- Being honest about what we can and cannot achieve
- Acting in a manner that is deserving of your trust
- Having skilled, competent and professional employees
“The inherent ability or capacity for growth”
We will see the potential of all persons by:
- Believing that everyone has the potential to keep achieving more
- Ensuring that everyone has equal opportunities for development
- Understanding that overcoming obstacles is a necessary part of the journey to success
“A single person regarded as a unique personality, distinguished from others by special qualities”
We will embrace individuality by:
- Acknowledging uniqueness and accepting differences in a non-judgemental manner